LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert cluster into database

Solved!
Go to solution

According to the help file, there is a flatten cluster input for the Insert function.

flatten cluster? specifies whether to insert a cluster that you wire to data as a binary value. If the value is TRUE, this VI updates the column that you specify in the columns input with the flattened binary value of the cluster. If the value is FALSE, this VI updates each column that you specify in the columns input with the corresponding item in the cluster. The default is FALSE.

Note  This input is valid only if you wire a cluster to the data input.

I haven't tried it but this says to me that you must specify the column names.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(835 Views)

....And it would appear to me that the column names must match the cluster element names.  I'm not certain of that.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(825 Views)
Solution
Accepted by PauldePaor

I got it working finally. I have attached the solution that has worked for me if anyone is interested or if it helps anyone out in the future.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not lost my mind, it's backed up on a disk somewhere
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(812 Views)

Why does your reference say Array....then goes to DB Cluster (whatever that is) comes out as an array and is auto indexed to return a cluster?  Something is not right there.  And something is not right about marking your own comment as the solution.

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(793 Views)

@aputman wrote:

Why does your reference say Array....then goes to DB Cluster (whatever that is) comes out as an array and is auto indexed to return a cluster?  Something is not right there.  And something is not right about marking your own comment as the solution.

The marked "solution" is also rather useless given that the PNG he posted shows that he is using a VI called DB Cluster (purpose unknown) that he fails to include.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(781 Views)