cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input in Sub VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello people,

I am triyng to create a sub VI to get as an input 2 signals, take the maximum value of then an dive one from each other. 

That's easy following tutorials on youtube but when i soon create the VI and use in another VI, it understand that what suppouse to be an input data (left side of my sub VI) is an output data. 

Here is attached the sub VI and a picture about the erro i get when i try to use in another vi.

Thanks since now,

Arthur 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,014 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arthuruuuuuu

Input connectors must be linked to controls and output connectors to indicators. You don't have any controls and the only defined connector is for the output.

(It would probably be simpler to get away from dynamic data here.)

Message 2 of 11
(2,983 Views)

Dear mate,

now i am trying to create another sub VI to calculate output power and efficiency from a piezoelectric signal.

I can easily build on but once i try to put a waveform chart to monitore the calculed signal, the data does not goes. 

Here one can see attached the sub vi i am talking about and the new erro i got.

Can you just help me ? Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,927 Views)

Attach the main VI that calls this subVI.

The subVI looks okay.  Well, it needs a block diagram cleanup.  But beyond that, I can't see anything obviously wrong.

So if you aren't getting data on that graph, I guess the problem is in the main VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,918 Views)

This is the main VI.

I didnt get yet because numerical indicators about output power inputpower and efficicnecy run all right but the graph indicators dosent.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,890 Views)

You are using a graph instead of a chart. Big difference.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,884 Views)

Great !!!! Its working now !

But my initial intention was to use graph to monitore the wave form signal and buffer size. As you can see in firts post of this topic, for each signal i use chart to see signal in time domain and graph to analyse the wave form. 

How can I build my subVI to have an output waveform graph as a result ?

Thanks since now,

Arthur.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,878 Views)

Your subVI operates only on a single scalar. Graphs only display arrays, so operate on that.

(No advanced user here uses dynamic data much. I would highly recommend to use plain data structures.)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,870 Views)

Thanks 

But what you mean with plain data structure ? can you help me please ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,862 Views)

You said i can only use controls for input my subVIs. So how can i build a subVI with a dynamic data coming and a dynamic data output also ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,855 Views)