cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initializing VI Elements to Default Values

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I know how to set values as default on the front panel.  However, when I run a VI multiple times without closing it, I need to re-initialize certain front panel values from their value at the end of the last run to the default values used in the next run.  Generally speaking, I do this using an "Init" state in a state machine or a first frame of a stacked sequence.  In either case, I just create a bunch of local variables and set the values to zero, or whatever other initial value they need.

When I was recently in Core 1 and Core 2 training, the teacher showed us a way to reset all these values without using local variables as described above.  But, for the life of me, I cannot remember what he said to do.

Any help jogging my rapidly-aging memory would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(14,342 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author diarmaede

Invoke Node on the VI to Reinit values to default.

Message 2 of 6
(14,331 Views)
Just to highlight a point. The node RavensFan presented resets ALL controls and indicators to their default values.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 3 of 6
(14,311 Views)

Thank you, gentlemen!

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(14,298 Views)

Additional info: if you want to reinitialize only specific controls/indicator, then you can create the corresponding invoke node for that control/indicator (right-click on control/indicator and select Create -> Invoke Node -> Reinitialize to Default).

Message 5 of 6
(14,289 Views)

A good reference for this problem can be found in the NI knowledge section:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019MoZSAU&l=en-GB

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,046 Views)