From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infinite Sweep

Dear LV community,

I have a PXI-5412 arbitrary waveform generator and I am trying to generate a sine frequency sweep (chirp) at lengths beyond what my 4Million points onboard buffer allows. The sweeps are in the range of 1MHz to 10MHz sine chirps. If I want to play this sweep in the span of 1 minute lets say, we can easily see how this exceeds the 4Million points buffer on the PXI card.

I`ve tried the FGen Arb Waveform Streaming.vi example, thinking to myself that I can generate this massive chirp programmatically and then stream it in blocks to my PXI-5412. Unfortunately the example spits out an error "Error -1074135028 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in Fgen Arb Waveform Streaming.vi" possible reason :"Attribute ID not recognized".  Leading me to thought that maybe PXI-5412 doesn't support that?

I cant seem to make it work, soo... help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(596 Views)

Dear datatechNDT,

Could you please send me an NI AMX technical report? Here you can check how to create one,

best,

anasei.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(456 Views)