LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indicator value to be changed by user while program is running

Yes I can edit but the timer stops counting. I want the stopwatch to keep accumulating the time even when it is reverted. The time goes back to the old value if the Boolean control is pressed again. I want the change to be permanent.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(771 Views)
Wire the indicator reference to the subVI connector, use a indicator propery node to make a change to the indicator. See attached pic for an example. functionality to select or control the array index should be added. Its just a start...
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(755 Views)

richjoh:  You didn't attach a picture.

The Timed Array in the Main has to be wired to a shift register (or feedback node) and fed into the subiv so that the subvi can record the newly edited time.  Then the subvi has to be modified to use this time to update.  Sorry I don't have "time" to work on this problem.  But this is a good start.

Edit:  I just noticed that the subvi is set to re-rentrant.  Set it back to normal or you will never get the feedback input into the subvi.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(750 Views)

Picture?

mhaque

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(740 Views)
I cannot disable the set to entrant since I am using this SubVI 12 other times. I am still stumped, my lack of experience is to blame :( mhaque
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(719 Views)

Hi mhaque,

Are you trying to have each subVI modify the same set of times?  If so, then you don't want them to be reentrant.  How are you trying to use this subVI?  I've been a little confused by the posts so far.

Jared S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(699 Views)

Lets avoid the subVI and go back to the basics.

How do I change values in an indicator array that is running a stopwatch where time is accumalating? After the values are changed, the stopwatch should keep accumalating the time. i.e the change is permamnent.

I cannot use an event strucutre.

mhaque

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(663 Views)

Hi mhaque,

From the VI that you submitted, you would need a way of incrementing or decrementing the initial time array.  This could be changed by simply using a state machine in your VI, where one state would modify the initial time array to adjust the output, while the other would operate as you currently have it.

Jared S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(647 Views)