From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indicator to trigger Loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a VI that has two loops. I have an LED indicator in one loop and when that LED is true I want it to trigger the second loop. How should I go about doing this? I tried using a local variable but the second loop just wouldn't trigger.

Thanks in advance,

Cassidee

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,586 Views)

Please post your VI.

It would be a lot easier to understand what it is you are trying to do and figure out why it isn't working if we can see some code.  Your written explanation just can't do it justice.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,583 Views)

My VI is actually doing tons of things and is huge and would be confusing to someone who isn't familiar with it. In short, there are two large loops. An indicator is in one. I want that indicator to trigger the second loop. Hopefully what I'm asking is clear.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,580 Views)

Here. I made a simplified version. The second loop condition is unwired because I do not know how to trigger it. The indicator I want to trigger the second loop is titled System is Draining Valves are Open.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,574 Views)

What exactly do you mean by "trigger a loop"?

You don't trigger loops.  You can trigger event structures.  You can "trigger" actions within other structures like causing particular cases of a case structure to execute instead of others.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,557 Views)

Ok so I put a case structure around the loop, but now I need to set a condition for the case structure. The condition for the loop is governed by an indicator in the first loop...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,547 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pepi123

Why not use a producer consumer loop..

Quick example attached..

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,527 Views)