LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index String Array Function?

Solved!
Go to solution

The help for Index String Array says "The connector pane displays the default data types for this polymorphic function." but it does not seem to be polymorphic. I can only wire a 1D array of strings to string array and a string to string. Either I am missing something really obvious or the help is wrong.

I am not exactally new to LabVIEW but I only now realized (thanks to quickdrop) that this function exists.

Other than the ability to concatenate the string input with the indexed string array element why does Index String Array exist? Is there any other reason to use that instead of the generic index array function?

Using LabVIEW 2010.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,934 Views)

Yes, it's a pretty useless function. Basically a combination of "index array" and "append string".

I tried a few other things as input (2D string array, array of clusters of strings, etc.) but I did not find any other inputs that would work. Maybe the help is wrong.... 😉

Message 2 of 4
(3,927 Views)

I think you are right. I bet the help files come from some kind of template and someone overlooked it. For years Smiley Surprised

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,868 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SteveChandler

Steve:

I went ahead and filed a documentation CAR (#279806) to get it corrected. Thanks for bringing it up!

Caleb Harris

National Instruments | Mechanical Engineer | http://www.ni.com/support
Message 4 of 4
(3,845 Views)