LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing sub-VI size

Solved!
Go to solution

Perhaps there is then something different how the program works on your computer, but on my program when I start it, the array is updated live. I can see the numbers change very quickly. Is that what you mean?

I may put a lot of unneccesary information into the loop, but I feel more like finishing the actual program before actually changing anything.

I based this program on a webcam program. At the moment I use a webcam, but later on I will use a CCD-camera with 12 bit colour depth. So my webcam program was expanded with everything you see.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(460 Views)

Now, I do not see that the output from "IMAQ ImageTo Array" is updated between the loops. You generate the 2D0array of I32 values every time with the same input parameters and you generate it within each loop newly -- a totally unnecessary waste of recources.

What do you mean with 'I do not see'? If I run my program my array of numbers is constantly changing. That kind of output is the output that I need. It's that type of output that (after being processed) needs to be given to my device. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(438 Views)

I think you have to wait for hearing another opinion here in the thread from somebody else.

question-marked subVIs.png

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(414 Views)

I appreciate any help someone is willing to give. Though I get your point, there is one thing that seems strange to me. If inside the loop there are only constant numbers, then my webcam wouldn't be able to give me video output. Because if these are constant, than I wouldn't get an actual video, but a single image.

My design of the webcam program is completely based on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJCxJLuAhTs

That works. I have already run it multiple times. The 'Normal 2' VI is shown in your program as an array - but it isn't.

So you say that the 'Normal 2' should give me constantly the same output - but it gives me a live video feed! Am I missing here something or shouldn't my program work according to you?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(401 Views)

@Choisai wrote:

I appreciate any help someone is willing to give. Though I get your point, there is one thing that seems strange to me. If inside the loop there are only constant numbers, then my webcam wouldn't be able to give me video output. Because if these are constant, than I wouldn't get an actual video, but a single image.

No, you are right. I was seriously mistaken. You supply some kind of pointer of the camera device to the question-marked subVIs. Therefore they are able to give you the real-time picture received by the camera. Sorry for the time wasted.

That also means, that only the person, who has the same hardware and the Vision package, can run your VI.

Message 15 of 16
(399 Views)

None offense taken, for I appreciate it immensly that you have taken the effort the explain your ideas to me over and over. I do hope you can comment a bit more on my work with the shift registers, now it has been established that data has been processed correctly up to the point of the shift registers.

I tried using a step-by-step approach, but my program has proven to be unsuccesful in doing so (it simply stops stepping when it comes to the data entering the while loop). Therefore I could not verify if I have programmed correctly via this approach. Any attemps at recreating it in a simpler way have also proved to be unsuccesful, since my program requires many additional feats that must all be present. Removing these and replacing them with something simpler can only go so far before I run into the same problem:

The step by step function stops working as soon as I enter the while loop where the shift registers are.

I don't know if this is a bug Labview, I am being simply incompetent at pressing 'next step' or there is something else at work, I do not know.

So, knowing what I want to use my program for, do you see any problems?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(382 Views)