LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Multiple Waveforms to Spreadsheet

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum--first post--so if I accidentally leave anything out please do your best to whip me into shape.

I just started with labview this week and am trying to collect data from Advantech's USB-4718. It has 8 thermocouple inputs with which I am attempting to simultaneously collect temperature readings and export them all to a .csv. The VI I've come up with so far is my best attempt at getting the formatting of the .csv to come out correctly. In that respect it does exactly what I want it to, however, it will only give me a single reading from each of the channels. So basically I am looking for some advice on how to append the array of waveforms anew with each iteration of the for loop, or if I should be building the array of data a bit differently.

I'm hoping this is a simple matter of looping the appropriate VIs, or simply putting a shift register in the right place. I realize I may have to simply use brute force to index and collect waveform components and just feed them into the write to spreadsheet VI, but I'd like to explore some cleaner alternatives before I get into all of that.

In addition, after reviewing this forum I realize I am surely prone to some mistakes that simply scream noob. So feel free to scream it at me. I'm pretty sure I made a nice CPU burner out of my VI, but I'm not entirely sure so if anyone could give some advice on avoiding those. Also if anyone has any advice for a new LabVIEW user in general--what to watch out for, goals to work towards--I'm all ears. I have a very demanding summer job that requires I learn and use all this stuff and I'd very much like to rise to the challenge.

Cheers,

Travis.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,412 Views)

The problem apears to be with your array appendixing, and as you correctly guessed your shift registers. If you simply rearrange the components to look like:

Example.JPG

then it should do exactly what you want it to do.

Message 2 of 3
(2,351 Views)

Thanks for the help. I just had to make one or two modifications and it ran perfectly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,316 Views)