From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import image to waveform graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I would like to import an waveform saved in some image format (PNG or JPEG) and display it in the waveform graph. I checked with the property node "plot images" but I am unable to specify the path of the image using this property node as in my case the image is varied  with different experiments for comparing two waveforms(one waveform is in image format and the other is obtained from an oscilloscope instrument). Could someone please suggest how could I do this. 

Best Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,984 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pratheek

The input for this property node is an image, not a file.  Use the Read JPEG File.vi under Graphics and Sound to open the file, then Draw Flatten Pixmap to turn the image data, into a picture.

Message 2 of 6
(2,956 Views)

Hi Hooovahh

Thanks for the solution. One more problem. In the waveform graph, it is displaying the labels, X-axis and Y-axis values. I woud like to have only the waveform without any labels   is it possible to remove these lables from displaying in the waveform graph. could you please help. Thankyou in advance

Best Regards

pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,922 Views)

Hi Pratheek,

Follow the following document for cropping the image as required to remove the labels you requested.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-18411

157+ CLDs & 9 CLA Trained
LabVIEW Training resources
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,910 Views)

Hi ramktamu

Thanks alot.....could you please conver the file to labview 10.0

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,901 Views)

Hi pratheek,