LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import LabVIEW Professional VIs into Community Edition?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a test engineer due soon to retire. Over the years, on my own time away from work, I have authored LabVIEW programs on my work laptop in support of my hobby in amateur radio. None of these require any hardware, but simply make use of the LabVIEW GUI for doing math. Mainly as stand-alone calculators for the design of antennas, transmission-line, attenuators, and the like. These calculators always I give away free, both as *.exe applications, plus also the source code. Long ago I obtained permission from work that I may do this.

Find them all on-line here: KY8D.net/free 

My question is this: once I retire, and no longer have a work-supplied laptop with LabVIEW installed, will the above VIs (already authored under the Full Professional license) run also under Community Edition? And if not, what changes need I to make so that I may continue to use them myself and also support them via Community Edition?

Some days are not worth chewing through the restraints.
Message 1 of 3
(688 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aplonis

@Aplonis wrote:

My question is this: once I retire, and no longer have a work-supplied laptop with LabVIEW installed, will the above VIs (already authored under the Full Professional license) run also under Community Edition?

Yes!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(678 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aplonis

Just open them up in LV Community edition the same exact way you would with LV Pro.  As long as LV Community Edition is the same version or later, of course.

And, as you were conscientious enough to clear with your work about conflict of interest, you'll be interested to know that, as long as you don't sell the stuff commercially (or academically), you should be able to distribute your stuff.  At least that is my interpretation of the restrictions.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(668 Views)