From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Kernel32.dll library

Hello,

I want to import the Kernel32.dll using the "import Shared Library Wizard" but it is required to add the header file.

I downloaded the Microsoft SDK but still not able to find the header file.

Is there anyone familiar with importing Kernel32.dll?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,246 Views)

Please refer to MSDN for specific function help (like this one).

As you can see, the appropriate header is not named "kernel32.h". Note that i found some functions in kernel32 using different header files, which is making the automated tool usage questionable.

As you installed the SDK already, the header files should be placed *somewhere*. If you haven't installed the SDK, you won't find the headers.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 4
(4,233 Views)

Thank you, I found the header file but now am getting this error:

The shared library contains 1754 function(s). But no function is found and recognized in the header file. The following function(s) cannot be wrapped. If you want to import these functions, please review the warning messages next to the functions below. You will need to fix the problems before you can continue with the wizard.

I also opened LabVIEW as Admin but still not working

Shared library import failed.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,203 Views)

As i already pointed out, the methods of the SDK distribute over different DLLs and multiple header files. So for instance, i found two different methods in kernel32.dll which distribute over two different header files.

The wizard is not able to handle multiple header files.

The question now is: Are there any "accepted" methods at all? If so, do they match (MSDN verification) to those listed in the header file?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,198 Views)