cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imaq image display completely disable in executable mode

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I created an executable with an imaq display and ran it on several PCs. In all cases except one I can manipulate the scrollbars and other properties without any problem. Running the executable does not works on one specific PC. I cannot change any display properties. This include ROI tool and scrollbars. It does look like the imaq display is completely locked out.

I even generate the executable in the same PC. It would still not work. The normal VI ( non-executable) operate OK in this machine.

On another PC with exactly the same motherboad and video boards works fine.

Thanks in advance if anyone can provide any suggestion.

jk4

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,986 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jk4

Hello jk4,

Just to clarify, the VI would run correctly on this particular PC. The executable seems to run as well, but you cannot manipulate the properties of a display? Is that an IMAQ display or regular waveform display? Are you able to create a simple VI (executable) accessing the property node of IMAQ display?

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,964 Views)

Hi Andy,

Yes, it is an IMAQ display. Wheteher the executable runs or not , I cannot manipulate any of the display properties. So the IMAQ display seems to be completely disabled.

jk4

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,956 Views)

Hi Andy,

Sorry I clicked the 'Solved' button by accident. The issue is still pending.

jk4

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,936 Views)

Hi jk4,

Could you try to use the VI attached to create an executable to see if you would still have the sam issue?

IMAQDisplayPropertyNode.PNG

Andy Chang
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,923 Views)

Hi Andy,

It has the same problem as the others with the executable. The display is on all the time whether the visible switch is T or F. No  scroller bars nor display of the image. The stop button works. I even display the path of the file on the front panel.

Theimage is attached.

j4k

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,917 Views)

Hello jk4,

Are you having the same issue with all property nodes or just with Vision VIs?

If you are having issue with all other property node, I would suggest doing repair on LabVIEW.

If it's only the Vision VIs, I would suggest to repair Vision Acquisition Software. Then LabVIEW.

Andy Chang
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,903 Views)

I have the same problem. The image display control available in the vision palette doesn't work in an executable. I built an executable that only has the image display control and none of the ROI tools work (see attached Image junk.vi). In a more complicated executable that receives images from a camera the image display doesn't show the camera images. The VIs work fine in the development mode.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,460 Views)

This appears to be a problem with 64 bit LabVIEW 2012. The executable works in 32 bit LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,454 Views)

I have the same problem as Monroe (the image display window in a compiled 64-bit LabVIEW 2012 VI has hidden scroll bars, the image is black, and the tools palate options aren't click-able). Unfortunately I'm using a 3rd party vision toolkit that only works with 64-bit LabVIEW so I can't try (or have the option to go to) compiling my VI in 32-bit LabVIEW.

I tried a hyper simple VI that just opens a .bmp image file from the disk and displays it in a window. The .vi version works, but once compiled the window looks like the attached screenshot.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,423 Views)