LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image display not updated

Solved!
Go to solution

I have updated a subVI in a working program.

The previos subVI used to read an IMAQ image. The subVI is paced inside a loop, the only output of the subVI is an image, in the main program the image is desplayd as well as a sum of the count in the image, both displays were supposed to be updated after each time the subVI was used.

As mentioned this program worked well when using a subVI which only reads the image, I have changed the subVI to include averaging as well as reading, since this change the image display does not update, however the sum display updates correctly (the sum operation is in the main program).

When working in debug mode (the who program or only the subVI) everything works correctly, adding wait in the subVI does not help.

With thanks

Adi Diner

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,701 Views)

In most cases such behavior caused by race conditions (IMAQ Images passed by references, not by values).

Be careful with Data Flow when you working with IMAQ images. If necessary, add single frame sequences.

Also you can use "Update Image" Method, but normally its not necessary, if Vision Display Terminal used directly inside a loop.

Finally show your code here.

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,697 Views)
Thanks for the quick replay, what do you mean by race conditions? I am attaching the subVI. As I mentioned the same main program worked well with a different subVI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,693 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author adidiner

Typical race condition shown below (but it seems to be not your case).

What you can do is following: try to copy your image to "Display Image" before displaying:

Vision.png

Andrey.

Message 4 of 5
(2,675 Views)
Thanks that work 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,671 Views)