LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If configured correctly, will a digital pulse into pin PFI0 trigger data acquisition on 6071E?

A quick/simple question for you all:
If configured correctly, does a digital pulse (of "long enough" width) into pin PFI0/TRIG1 on the 6071E trigger data acquisition from all the channels in my channel list? I read the manual and it sounds that way; but the info in manual is fairly scant so I want to make sure before forging ahead.
More specifically:
I want to use a digital pulse generated on the GPCTR_OUT pin as the external input to trigger data acqusition. So I plan to feed this pulse into pin PFI0/TRIG1. When this pulse is received, my data acquisition starts (and runs continuosly)?
Thanks again for your help...you forum people are most knowledgeable and helpful!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,572 Views)
Hi,

Yes, you should not face any issues. Did you try it and encoutered any problems?

Regards,
RamziH
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,571 Views)
haven't yet tried it. i had to wire up a bunch of other electronics to interface with the card...so wanted to make sure someone could confirm that TRIG1 really is the "go" signal for data acquisition.
thanks for your help...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,571 Views)
Hey Jhonny,
                     I have tried it on PCI 6115 and its working. So you should not have any problem implementing on any DAQ board. I have connected my analog input to AI0 and digital trigger to PFI0/AI START on my board  and I have sucessfully captured the analog signal with a Digital Trigger and a sampling rate of 10Msps (as I am using only 1 channel). Get back to me if you have some problem implementing this. I can see if I could help you with the settings.

Have a Good Day

Regards,
Krishna
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,483 Views)