LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify the Max and the Min value

Hi,

I need to known how I can detecte the maximum and the minimum value for the while. For example : When I launch the acquisition during 10 minutes

and at the end of experiment I want to know during this acquisition,

Which is the maximun and the minimum value.

Thanks for your answer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,637 Views)
Use a shift register with the Max & Min function. If an array, use the Array Max & Min function. The same question was asked a couple of days ago. Did you do a search?
Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-05-2010 08:44 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,633 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your answer but I don't want to compare with the ramdom value, I have the data issue

one way of the fieldpoint and I want just to compare the data with themselves and not the ramdom value.

I try to create one array after the fieldpoint before to use the fonction Max and Min but it doesn't work.

Have you got another ideas

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,612 Views)

That comment is just silly. The random number generator is just there to show the general principal. You would obviously replace it with whatever is generating your data.

The function does work with scalar data and if you have an array, you have to use the Array Max & Min as I clearly said.

Just noticed the image. Using the merge signal and build array makes absolutely no sense. You are creating an array with two identical elements. Why would you do that? Just use the Max & Min on the scalar.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-05-2010 09:20 AM
Message 4 of 5
(2,607 Views)

Also:

DO NOT POST BITMAPS TO THE FORUM. There is a reason why there's a ban on posting bitmaps.

DO NOT CHANGE THE FILENAME EXTENSION TO GET AROUND THE BAN. There is a reason why there's a ban on posting bitmaps.

What is the reason? Bitmap files are HUGE when compared to a modern format like PNG. 

Message 5 of 5
(2,581 Views)