From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error on stand alone application with subVI

Solved!
Go to solution

I developed a VI which call a subVI with Labview 8.6. It work correctly in VI or in an executable on my developpment computer.

I want run it on another PC, then I created an installer with the following additional installer :

- NI-VISA 4.4 run time engine

- Labview 8.6  run time engine

- Labwindows/CVI 8.5.1 run time engine

- NI-DAQmx 8.7

On the other PC, the application start but when it call the subVI, I see this message 

LabVIEW : External code not present.

VI "testeur.vi" was stopped at unknown "" at a call to "acquisition.vi"

some one already saw this problem ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,463 Views)
Is this VI accessed dynamically? If so, it may not get included in your installer. You need to explicitly add all VIs that are called dynamically. In addition, you will need to ensure that the path to the VI is correct.
Message Edited by Mark Yedinak on 02-04-2010 10:29 AM

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,460 Views)

think for you reply.

I did other test after my post and I saw that there is only one subVI which have problem. In this subVI there is a CIN function with C language library. this library is developed in C++ on visual studio 2008 and include stdlib.h and math.h. there are this 2 library which generate my problem ; It work on my developpment PC but not in the other.

I think that this is the project configuration on visual studio which is bad but I don't know how to fixe the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author victorien

By reading this post http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=424511&query.id=2057776#M424511 I found the solution. CIN is obsolete and then it's better to use DLL.

With this instruction http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4877 I generate a DLL and it work correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,418 Views)