LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IO Server

I'm trying to connect labview with my PLC using Modbus OPC server serial. I download labview 2011 from NI website but I cannot find the driver anywhere. Anyone have a clue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,593 Views)

Hi Maad,

To access the OPC server you have to install NI OPC server. You have use path Start->All Programs->National Instruments->NI-OPCServer.

Using DSC module you can use the OPC Server features in LabVIEW. Initially you have create your tags name, based on your tag you can perform the read and write operation on these tags.

Click

Link 1

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,586 Views)

OK, I already install the NI OPC server. But on the DSC module (right clickibg My Computer) I created a .lvlib library, but on this library I don't have the option for creating a new IO Server. According with the video tutorial is suppose to be there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,545 Views)

Hi Maad,

Do you have the DSC Module installed? It is a separate installation than the NI OPC Servers, you can check for it by going to Start » All Programs » National Instruments » NI License Manager and then looking under LabVIEW 2011 » Modules for Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module. If you do not have this installed or if the license is expired then you won't be able to create an I/O Server as shown in the tutorial.

Regards,

Peter W.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,519 Views)

Hello Maad,

Follow below mention steps to create OPC Server

IO Server.JPG

IO Configure.JPG

As Peter Says first check your installation is correct or some error is there.

For checking purpose you go Start » All Programs » National Instruments » NI OPC Servers » NI OPC Servers

Configure your OPC and check you are getting something or not.

For your LabVIEW access refer this Example

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,510 Views)

Thank you all you guys for your helpful comments, I'm back in business

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,490 Views)

One more question why is it my multiple variable editor disabled in my project explorer? I need this in case I decide to use a Modbus server.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,488 Views)