From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx motion sensing

Hows things, im new to these forums and need a bit of help with my project. For my project i have to automate a spot light to follow a person around a stage using a basler scout camera and a set of servos ( for sivel and tilt). The camera will feed a set of coordinates to the servo drives where the pixel change is highest in the image. I am currently at the stage where i can subtract to images from each other to sense if something has moved in a field. I am not using Vision acquisition or vision assistant, so it is a custom programe. I am trying to feed the results of the subtracted images into an array but im not exactly sure whats happening. I connect the output from the subtract into image to array and get values, but from these values i need to get coordinates, so that the pixel with the biggest amount of change is given as a coordinate for the light to move to. Should i be using ROI. Please help, i have been looking at this for the last week and havent got anywhere. thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,158 Views)
You need not have to subtract images. You can apply some thresholding --->Particle analysis. you can feed the co-ordinates of these pixels. Do you have VDM?
Message 2 of 6
(3,150 Views)
sorry, i do have VDM but i cant get coordinates from it, im am able to succesfully subtract 2 images and input these images into a 2D array. From this array i am able to get the highest pixel rating based on movement using the max and min node from array. I now want to know how you get the coordinates of the highest value pixel in the array. Somebody told we to get coordinates from a 2D array you have to pass it through a For loop and a 1D array comes out. Im not sure, but from this i still dont know how to get my coordinates. Any ideas, im really stuck.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,133 Views)

Hi Pasca21,

Could you please post your code here so we can have a look at it? I have a feeling there may be a cluster somewhere which shows the coordinates.

Kind Regards,

Owen.S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,098 Views)
no problem, here it is, i have the 2 images subtracted and going into a 2D array. attached is my VI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,095 Views)

Hi,

Following up a Service Request raised to the branch, here is a solution (attached), for convenience of other LabVIEW developers. Converted to version 8.6, requires IMAQdx drivers.

Regards,

Imtiaz Chowdhury
Project Manager
Green Running / Austin Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,083 Views)