LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx motion sensing

Hows things, im new to these forums and need a bit of help with my project. For my project i have to automate a spot light to follow a person around a stage using a basler scout camera and a set of servos ( for sivel and tilt). The camera will feed a set of coordinates to the servo drives where the pixel change is highest in the image. I am currently at the stage where i can subtract to images from each other to sense if something has moved in a field. I am not using Vision acquisition or vision assistant, so it is a custom programe. I am trying to feed the results of the subtracted images into an array but im not exactly sure whats happening. I connect the output from the subtract into image to array and get values, but from these values i need to get coordinates, so that the pixel with the biggest amount of change is given as a coordinate for the light to move to. Should i be using ROI. Please help, i have been looking at this for the last week and havent got anywhere. thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,163 Views)
You need not have to subtract images. You can apply some thresholding --->Particle analysis. you can feed the co-ordinates of these pixels. Do you have VDM?
Message 2 of 6
(3,155 Views)
sorry, i do have VDM but i cant get coordinates from it, im am able to succesfully subtract 2 images and input these images into a 2D array. From this array i am able to get the highest pixel rating based on movement using the max and min node from array. I now want to know how you get the coordinates of the highest value pixel in the array. Somebody told we to get coordinates from a 2D array you have to pass it through a For loop and a 1D array comes out. Im not sure, but from this i still dont know how to get my coordinates. Any ideas, im really stuck.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,138 Views)

Hi Pasca21,

Could you please post your code here so we can have a look at it? I have a feeling there may be a cluster somewhere which shows the coordinates.

Kind Regards,

Owen.S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,103 Views)
no problem, here it is, i have the 2 images subtracted and going into a 2D array. attached is my VI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,100 Views)

Hi,

Following up a Service Request raised to the branch, here is a solution (attached), for convenience of other LabVIEW developers. Converted to version 8.6, requires IMAQdx drivers.

Regards,

Imtiaz Chowdhury
Project Manager
Green Running / Austin Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,088 Views)