LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ

Solved!
Go to solution
Good Morning. How does one programmatically read the IMAQ version? I can read the DAQmx version using a property node (right click > select Class > select DAQmx > select System > select MajorVersion). Is there a way to do this with IMAQ?
Mark | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,134 Views)

This should be available somewhere, because MAX certainly knows -- you can open MAX, open the Software Tab, find IMAQdx (which does not, by the way, show the Version), and expand it to show (for example) Development Support 19.0 and Runtime 19.0.  I did a quick peek to see where (or "if") I could find a Property Node (or Invoke Node) that might return this information, but after about 10 minutes, I gave up.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,099 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark_L

You can use these vi's as long as the software is installed.

Example.png

Tim
GHSP
Message 3 of 5
(2,095 Views)

@aeastet (a.k.a. Tim),

I've noticed several posts from "People who seem to know what they are talking about" with these interesting-looking VIs that I cannot find in my (standard) LabVIEW Palettes.  Nevertheless, some sleuthing shows that they are actually installed on at least the PC I'm currently using (where I managed to install LabVIEW 2016, 2018, and 2019), yet they still appear to not be findable on the Block Diagram Palettes.

The first VI is called "Initialize Session", and the second is called "Get Installed Software".  If I know these names and I use Quick Drop and ask for these functions by name, there they are, and if wired, they do, indeed, find 127 Software Components, most with Versions starting 19.0.0.

I gave a Kudo to Tim's post, as it prodded me to do some snooping around my own system looking for these things that seemed to exist, though had so far escaped my scrutiny.  One of the things I especially like about LabVIEW is how useful "experimentation" and "exploration" can be to find "New Things You Didn't Know About LabVIEW But Might Like to Try".

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 5
(2,042 Views)

Bob, I found them in the Measurement I/O >> System Configuration palette.

Mark | CLA
Message 5 of 5
(1,968 Views)