LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ webcam

Hi

I have obviously problems with Labview. I'm working on a project (in team) where we have to take a picture with a webcam. I have found a lot of good programs here on the forum but there's always an error. Two kind of errors: I have found this usb webcam and i have the same error that this discussion ends with. It's a pity that that problem has never been solved.

The second kind of error is always the same. A lot of VI's work with IMAQ for USB. I have downloaded that driver from NI and also VAS2009. But I always get the question to search for IMAQ USB Init/Close/Save/... and I can't find these files.

I use Labview 2009.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,445 Views)

If you have IMAQ for USB those should be installed.  At least init and close.  I don't know what a IMAQ USB save might be.

In LV 8.5 they are here: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\imaqUSB\imaqUSB.llb\IMAQ USB Init.vi

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,441 Views)

Could be that save isn't one of these VI's but I still can't find it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,437 Views)

Check this:  http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5030

Some of the comments at the bottom mention problems with 2009 and solutions.  There also appears to be a new version of IMAQ for 2009 that has built-in support for Direct Show cameras but the link seems to be screwed up.  Maybe an NI guy will know about that version?

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,433 Views)

When you are using a webcam you can use the USB IMAQ library file along with the USB_IMAQ.exe installed on your machine. When you install this you will get the directshow.dll then only you will be able to use the web cam for capturing. You can also use the NI-IMAQdx to do the same that will work fine because i have played around with that for more than 6 months...

Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,421 Views)

I already downloaded the NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras and tried the upgrade from this site http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10622. But both don't work.

From the IMAQ I can't find any files back unless the pdf that explains how to use it. (including the files i talked about before)

From the upgrade i get an error.

"Error 7 occurred at Copy in Main.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.
=========================
NI-488:  Nonexistent GPIB interface.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\imaqUSB"

I cant find the file C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\imaqUSB by hand neither.

Can anyone please help me?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,401 Views)

It might be that 8.6 is the point at which IMAQ for USB was folded into IMAQdx.  I think the DirectShow stuff is there now so it should work with your camera.  If you're trying to use VIs that call IMAQ USB you may have to re-write them with IMAQdx to use LV 8.6.  Give it a shot with the simplest program and if it doesn't work I would just contact NI support.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,396 Views)

I have Labview 2009. Sorry for the confusion but i cant find an folder thats called IMAQdx neither.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,388 Views)

You also have NI-Vision installed right?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,384 Views)

I guess you dint install the NI LV Vision module properly... Use the LV 2009 DVD1 you can find the vision module there inside products( i guess)... There you have to install all the IMAQ applications manually.. I have attached one llb file you can use that... But that will work only when you have the DIrectShow.dll... So install all the IMAQ modules and use this....

Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,372 Views)