Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Query fail

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amanda_Kay

I'm pretty sure it's the correct instrument it just doesn't like the ID query section. I found a note on front panel saying to remove that section if not compatible and i put the false constant wired to the case structure holding the ID query information

Message 11 of 16
(1,583 Views)

@Amanda_Kay wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's the correct instrument it just doesn't like the ID query section. I found a note on front panel saying to remove that section if not compatible and i put the false constant wired to the case structure holding the ID query information

I'm giving you a kudo because you were careful about what you were doing and you elaborated on exactly what you did and why.  This is a great post!

Don't forget to mark your (new) post as the solution.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,567 Views)

Hi everyone,

I am using Agilent 8114A pulse generator for my experiment and trying to use the available driver Agilent 8114. According to the description of the said driver, it is compatible with Agilent 8114A. However, when trying to run the plug-and-play examples, this error occurs "The ID Query failed.  This may mean that you selected the wrong instrument or your instrument did not respond.  You may also be using a model that is not officially supported by this driver.  If you are sure that you have selected the correct instrument and it is responding, try disabling the ID Query (Error -1074003951 occurred at Agilent 8114.lvlib:Initialize.vi)"

I already checked the connection through MAX and it is okay. I also double check the compatibility of the driver with my instrument and it is also okay. Now, I am not sure how to properly disable the ID Query.

Can anyone please help me with this problem? Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,335 Views)

Hello lplopez!

I am hoping you can provide me a little more information.

1) How is the 8114A connected to your computer and what is the supported communication protocol?

2) Have you checked that the device settings are properly set to allow communication with an external controller (ie your computer)?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,316 Views)

Hi Brettski,

Thank you for your reply. I am using GPIB-USB-HS for communication. I am honestly, don't know how to check if the device allows external controller. But I have tried changing the GPIB address in the instrument (8114A) and my computer reads it properly.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,312 Views)

@lplopez wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am using Agilent 8114A pulse generator for my experiment and trying to use the available driver Agilent 8114. According to the description of the said driver, it is compatible with Agilent 8114A. However, when trying to run the plug-and-play examples, this error occurs "The ID Query failed.  This may mean that you selected the wrong instrument or your instrument did not respond.  You may also be using a model that is not officially supported by this driver.  If you are sure that you have selected the correct instrument and it is responding, try disabling the ID Query (Error -1074003951 occurred at Agilent 8114.lvlib:Initialize.vi)"

I already checked the connection through MAX and it is okay. I also double check the compatibility of the driver with my instrument and it is also okay. Now, I am not sure how to properly disable the ID Query.

Can anyone please help me with this problem? Thank you very much

When you call the Initialize.vi, the response to *IDN? does not match the RegEx in the case structure. Thus, the error message.

BD.JPG

To ignore the check, set the ID Query (TRUE) control to "False" to disable the query.

The other alternative is to read the *IDN? response in MAX, compare it to the RegEx, and see why it does not match.

Init Help.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,300 Views)