cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C interface

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have recently started using Labview and did a couple of small projects.

I have a new project where I have a device communicating with a  display with I2C interface.

I need to disconnect the display and use PC monitor to display the stuff.

The device is already connected to NI  digital inputs/outputs and analog outputs and running labview programs.but the I2C connection is still connected to the display and not to NI modules.

What I have to do to start with, for  getting the same display on monitor using Labview? What H/w,S/W I need?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,989 Views)

So you need to emulate the display.  This means acting like an I2C slave.  You may get away with using a USB-8452.  It supports a I2C slave emulation and there is a decent example to do this in LabVIEW.  But then you have to create the responses and interpret the incoming data to make your display.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,960 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author maccapple

Perfect. That's exactly what I needed.

Also, I am not very thorough in Labview programming yet. Is it going to be too much for me to analyze data coming from the module and create responses to button clicks?

Can you please throw some more light on the programming part as well or let me know where can I get more details and examples?I will like to get as much info I can get before starting the project.

Thank a lot

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,897 Views)