LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to convert the attached VI from 10.0 to 8.5.1

Even, Nittz,

In an attempt to run the project "NI 9233 Getting Started" which is an example provided with Labview 8.5.1 installed on ny computer, an error shows up.

"Error 65008 ocurred at Invoke Method: Read TEDS in NI 9233 Getting Started(Host).vi"

possible reasons: CompactRIO:(Hex0xFDF0) CompactRIO does not support the TEDS sensor connected to this channel.

I am using Labview 8.5.1, cRIO 9014, NI 9233 module, Impact Hammer Type 8206, Triaxial DeltaTron Accelerometer Type 4524.

Any idea. Thankyou so much for your support, I appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Waleed Omar.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(1,630 Views)

The hammer and accelerometer are "Bruel & Kjaer".

The face was accidently put on the post. It actually appeared after i posted the message.

Thankyou.

Best Regards,

Waleed Omar.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(1,628 Views)

Good morning Waleed, 

What RIO driver are you using? From what I have found, this error was fairly common with older version of LabVIEW and RIO. Also, are you using FPGA or scan mode? Thanks!

~kgarrett

District Sales Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(1,613 Views)

kgarrett,

I am using FPGA mode and the RIO driver is 2.4.1. The error occurs while running the host VI in the "NI 9233 Getting Started" VI, after I press on the "Display TEDS data" button. I am not sure if I should deploy the subVIs and enter data in them. Is there some data or information concerning the sensors I am using that sholud be input in one of VIs? TEDS data for example. Do the sensors I use support TEDS, or should I rather create and use a virtual TEDS for my sensors. If this is true, I actually created a virtual TEDS VI but I am bot sure how to use it in the project. Should it be added as a subVI or what? When I deployed and run the virtual TEDS VI as a subVI, the following error ocurred,

Error-705 ocurred at teds_Errors.vi

possible reasons:

Labview: The template to decode the remainder of the TEDS bitstream cannot be found in the specified template directory.

Complete call chain:

teds_Find template for create.vi

TEDS_Build Empty Template.vi

virt tdes.vi

Best Regards,

Waleed.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(1,603 Views)

Waleed,

Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) can only read TEDS versions 1.0 and above and it is possible that data on the sensor is from a previous version.  To determine if this is the case you will need to read the TEDS version number in LabVIEW to verify this. Is your sensor 0.9 or 1.0?

As you mentioned, another alternative is to create a Virtual TEDS channel.  Here is a link to verify that you've got your Virtual Channel created properly.  Have you downloaded the correct files/ templates (as documented in the link) to do this?

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(1,588 Views)

Austin S.,

Yes, I have downloaded the correct files/ templates (as documented in the link) to do thisand I created th Virtual TEDS VI as indicated in the link but the mentioned error occurs while running the VI. Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Waleed.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(1,576 Views)

Waleed,

After taking a look at the Bruel & Kjaer Triaxial 4524 data sheet specifications, it appears this is not a TEDS sensor.  Scroll down to where it says TEDS = No.  The 4524B version is a TEDS sensor, however.  I also took a look at the impact hammer and couldn't definitively find out whether or not it was in fact a TEDS sensor. 

That'd be why you're getting the error when you try to run the TEDS section of the Getting Started example VI.  I think you should still be able to get data from the sensor in that VI since it is an IEPE sensor, but it won't work when you click on the TEDS boolean where you're getting the error. 

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(1,563 Views)

Austin,

I fortunately managed to create three .ted files for the x,y and z accelerations using the "create virtual teds" VI . However,in the host VI in the "NI 9233 Getting Started" example, the "read teds invoke method" reads teds data from the channels of the module which is what I do not want since the sensors I am using do not contain embedded teds. What is the next step after creating the .ted files? How will I use them in the example? Should I remove the "read teds invoke method" from the block diagram and use another function which uses .ted files from a specified path? You mentioned in a previous reply .tds not .ted, are they the same? The VI for creating virtual teds files creates .ted extension files.
 When using the example as it is, the following error occurs:

"Error 65008 ocurred at Invoke Method: Read TEDS in NI 9233 Getting Started(Host).vi".
possible reasons: (Hex0xFDF0) CompactRIO does not support the TEDS sensor connected to this channel.

How should I use the .ted files in the example?

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
Waleed.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(1,553 Views)

Waleed,

It doesn't look like you need to use virtual TEDS channels for this example if you're just trying to read data from these IEPE sensors.  You should just be able to take out the TEDS case structure in the example and read from the channels just like a normal FPGA interface.

What happens when you take out that case structure and run it without using anything TEDS-related in the example?  Are you getting the data you expect or still getting errors with this example?

Also, I noticed you have posted the same issue here, here, and here.  Please try to keep this issue on one thread if you can 🙂

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(1,541 Views)

Austin,

Actually, I did remove the case structure from the example and run the host VI. No errors show up but no waveforms show up though. Are the virtual teds really not important in my application? Won't their absence affect the reliability of the acquired data? I intend to further use signal processing to obtain FRF's from the acquired impact and acceleration. I am starting to guess that the problem is in the power supply. The sensors require a minimum of 24 V and 2mA. To provide this I am connecting two (Deluxe Universal AC/DC Adaptors,12 V, 1000 mA) in series to sum up as 24 V at the voltage input terminals of the compactRIO. Is this power supply adequate? Posting in different places is because I am keen to get a quick response, but if it is inconvenient, I will not repeat it.

Best Regards,

Waleed. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(1,526 Views)