From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recieve the following error when running an executable ("This VI is not Executable. The full development version of Labview is required to fix the errors"

I recieve the following error when trying to build and run a labview executable. I am able to build the executable but when trying to run the executable, a pop up window comes up asking the user to select a dll. (please see screen shot attached). Once the DLL is selected, I get the error that This VI is not Executable. The full development version of Labview is required to fix the errors. (please see screen shot attached). I have also attached a snapshot of the project window.

I have the professional development system

I can run the main VI

all the required DLL's are in the dependencies section of the project window.

I am trying to find the root cause of this error but to no avail. can anyone give me a clue to what i am missing here. Any suggestions on where i should look to find the problem ?

Thanks in advance to all labview users for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,267 Views)

Are you dynamically calling any VIs from your top level VI?  Also, can you post a screenshot of the block diagram of the main VI?

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,235 Views)