LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love the new WEB UI builder interface and design

I absolutely love the "NEW" Web UI builder user interface. I wish they would make this the NORM for the LabVIEW environment. I love the WPF style control cutomization. I love the way it is laid out and how "EASY" it is to use. Everything is right in front of you. No right clicking to get this menu or that menu. I love the Ribbon on the top. Form layout is MUCH nicer and easier

OK LabVIEW developers lets get this for the regular LabVIEW Environment. The new controls for 2011 are a step in the right direction as far as the look and feel of the UI but the LabVIEW environment is YEARS behind other developement environments UI capability.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,167 Views)

Hi Joe_H,

Glad you like it! Smiley Very Happy

And the catch is that it's still an Early Access Release.  From the Web UI Builder FAQ:

"The term Early Access Release is a term NI uses to communicate that the initial version of new NI software has one or more caveats associated with it that potential customers should consider, and that the product is targeted at early adopters. For example, features that many customers might expect could be absent, or the usability of the product may be lacking."

In other words, there's even more to come!

For anyone else who is interested and to keep up with the latest Web UI Builder developments, visit the Web UI Builder Product Page.

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,088 Views)

Its far too expensive and not practical for me to use. I just love the design and wish they would do this with regular labview.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,081 Views)