LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get a 'Resource not found' error when I deploy my application

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a problem when I compile and take the exe to the lab machine where it is needed.  I get several errors when loading, all basically the same:

"LabVIEW:  Resource not found   

An error occurred loading VI 'DAQmx Create Channel (DO-Digital Output).vi'.  LabVIEW load error code 3:  Could not load front panel."

The only difference in the errors is whether it is the DO,DI or AO version.

The history:  recently I installed several different CAN FD cards and tried to get them all working without errors or warnings.  During this time I updated my NI-DAQmx to 17.5, and updated other files to the latest (NI XNET, NI-CAN) and let the system update do the critical updates.  I ran into problems and had to drop back to NI-DAQmx 17.1.1 to get it all functional.

Now I can compile and run the exe on my machine just fine, but when I take it to the lab, it fails.  This worked last week, so the lab machine is not a problem.  I gave my vi's to a coworker, he compiled them and they work on the lab machine still. 

He has NI-DAQ 17.0.0.  I uninstalled NI-DAQ again and installed 17.0.0 and still no luck.  I tried compiling a much older version of my application on my machine and it failed, so I don't think the VIs I have are corrupt.

The error is that it could not load the front panel, I don't even use the front panel on these.

It seems like the NI-DAQ library is damaged, but reinstalling it has not helped.

We are using LabVIEW 2014 f1

Can anyone tell me how to locate or fix the bad files?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(5,275 Views)

BluePhantom wrote:

The history:  recently I installed several different CAN FD cards and tried to get them all working without errors or warnings.  During this time I updated my NI-DAQmx to 17.5, and updated other files to the latest (NI XNET, NI-CAN) and let the system update do the critical updates.  I ran into problems and had to drop back to NI-DAQmx 17.1.1 to get it all functional.

This is why I rarely "fix" Windows, because the updates end up breaking more than they fix.  Smiley Wink

What version of Windows, Labview Runtime, and DAQmx are installed on the lab computer?

Are you and your coworker using the same build specifications?  You stated that you gave him the VIs....not a project file with build specs.  Maybe something is different in how he chose to build versus how you chose to build. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(5,254 Views)

Are we using the same build specs...  I build an application, I send the files to him and he can build it, or add it to a larger application.  Occasionally I will get his project directory so that I can access the larger applications if I need.  We have been send these back and forth for years, so the projects should be identical.  Just to double check I did get his project directory and compile from that, I still get the errors.

For the lab machine, We have over 50 target machines.  I tested on two different ones.  Both have Win7 sp1 with a runtime of 2014 sp1 f5, one has a NI-DAQmx of 15.0.1, the other has 16.0.0f0.  Both have run files from me before

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(5,223 Views)

Oh, and the critical updates were to the NI system.  IT lets the windows updates through, but it is only when I request admin access that I can allow the NI updates.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(5,222 Views)

Have a gander at this page.  Does it help?

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9MgSAK

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(5,218 Views)

I read through that before, but I don't use the front page of the vi, it is asking for one for a library function 'DAQmx Create Channel (DO-Digital Output).vi'.  I never needed it before, and the guy who compiled it for me didn't have to do that.  I also saw another user who posted a similar issue who tried using that, and it covered those errors, but threw new errors on the actual run.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(5,214 Views)

There are other posts from back in the Labview 2011 days about this error message that involved a corrupted VI but that doesn't seem to be the case here, since you say your colleague can build and run the EXE with no issues.  

The only suggestion I have left is a clean install of everything.  I know that isn't what you want to hear but I don't know what else to tell you.  Maybe someone else has a suggestion?

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(5,204 Views)

The only suggestion I have left is a clean install of everything.  I know that isn't what you want to hear but I don't know what else to tell you. 

Yeah, that is exactly what I was avoiding.  I already downloaded most of the software Yesterday, I just didn't want to burn that much time reloading.  Thanks for trying.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(5,194 Views)

You say you have Labview 2014 f1 installed.  Does that include SP1?  

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(5,189 Views)

Nope, service contract expired before SP1 was released.  Now it is complicated to upgrade in our dept.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(5,187 Views)