From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get a 'Resource not found' error when I deploy my application

Solved!
Go to solution

wrote:

wrote:

I know someone posted the article earlier, but can you try including your front panel in the build? It sounds like there is a dependency that has occurred between your project and the front panel that is throwing this error. Even though you don't use the front panels, including them won't change anything about the functionality or user experience, it will just increase the size of your build. Including the front panels should take care of the dependency that is occurring.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9MgSAK

I compiled a copy of the project from my coworker, he compiled and tested that version that day with success.  I compiled the same project and got the errors.  I don't see how it can be the project.

Have you tried to include the front panels?  Doesn't hurt to try even though you think it isn't the build specification causing the problem.  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(583 Views)

@VincentPWS wrote:

I just encountered this problem and fixed it by downgrading the DAQmx version of my development PC to match the  DAqmx version of the  PC which is running the EXE.

Background: I recently upgraded the Daqmx driver to 17.6.0 and then started seeing this problem while i run the EXE in other PCs, which i never encountered before. Then I found out  that those PCs is having DAQmx 15.1.1 or even lower 9.9.0. Then I tried uninstalling the Daqmx 17.6.0  in my development PC and install a lower Version 15.5.0 instead. Compile the EXE again and then it works in those PC.

Hopefully this could help.

I actually reloaded all of the NI software in an attempt to fix this.  I didn't help, for one thing, a lot of stuff does not unload cleanly.  I actually ended up with another issue, but that is a small one.

NI suggested upgrading all of my targets (50+) to the latest and try that.  I don't really have access to them all...

What I did do was go through the readme files and figure out what I could lose by dropping back.  While I needed the NI-XNET drivers to 17.x, I did not need the NI-DAQmx drivers that high.  The software changes did not affect me.  So I dropped back to version 14.1 to see if I could run.  This cleared up the compiler issue, I can send exes to my targets and run them all.  I believe previously I had been running v16.x with no problem, my coworker was running 17.0, but has ADE support at 16.0 (the NI engineer said that should not have happened)  I had been running on targets with versions of NI-DAQmx on 14, 15, 16, and 17.  I don't know if I push back up to 16 if I will lose the 15 and 14 targets, so I will stay at 14 for now.

I did not have to modify my project at all, I had seen another post where a user had tried attaching the front panels manually, but all  they got for their effort was a new pile of errors.

I new the project was good, what threw me off was my coworker apparently being able to run v17.0.  When it was noticed that he was running a partial 16.0, I decided to fall back.  I probably could update to 16.0, but I am not sure, and this has taken too much time already.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(577 Views)