LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get Histogram .vi not located error. I have runtime files.

I get an error when I try to run my application that error loading Histogram.vi subroutine not found. I have included all the run time files needed including lvanlys.dll. I do not get this problem if I use the labview installer and include Analyze VIs Support. I do not want to use the labview installer so I need another solution. Perhaps the dll is old and is missing this vi?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,835 Views)
Histogram.vi is a VI. I don't think any of the DLLs supplied by NI VIs. The contain lower level functions that are called through CINs or Call Library Functions. If you are missing a vi, it is one that is probably being dynamically called and therefore the application builder does not know about it. Try to find it and makesure that it is included in our build.

I hope that this helps!
Bob Young
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,832 Views)
The lvanlys.dll that is distributed with Labview 7.1 located in the Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\7.1 does not support the Histogram.vi. When I reverted to an earlier distribution of this .dll the problem was resolved. I don't know if this is an error by NI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,832 Views)
The �lvanlys.dll� under the �C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\7.1\� folder does indeed support the �Histogram.vi�.

You can verify this by double-clicking on the �Call Library Function Node� inside the VI. By default it will be pointing at the �lvanlys.dll� under �C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\resource\�, but you can point it at the DLL in the Shared folder. The �Histogram.vi� will still work after this.

Is the LabVIEW Runtime Engine the same version as the LabVIEW used to build the executable? They have to be to work.

If you still can�t get it to work with the 7.1 version of �lvanlys.dll�, please document the behavior further, and I will do my best to investigate, thanks.

Best regards,
Philip
C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,832 Views)

I am experiencing the same problem now that I have upgraded from 7.0 to 7.1.

When I start the application on a PC which does not have the development system installed, I get an error box that says...

"An error occurred loading VI 'Histogram.vi". Labview load error code 21: An external subroutine requireed for execution could not be found"

Never had this with LV 7.0, please investigate.

I'll move back to the LV 7.0 llanlys.llb until this is fixed.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,677 Views)
The fix to this was found in the last page of the application builder.
There is a button called "advanced", in that menu, there are a set of  boxes used to include/exclude various support modules.
The Analysis box is unchecked after installation.

Checking this box corrected this problem in Labview 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,673 Views)