LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot log in data and save it from my DAQ device (NI PXI-8187).

I cannot log in my data from the my DAQ device (NI PXI-8187). I am able to get the data and visualize it on my front panel but I cannot neither save the data on a file nor create that file in the 1st place. I followed all the steps from LV_Getting started. What should I do?

I am using Labview 2011

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(2,618 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(2,608 Views)

Yes, i did but the file where the data is supposed to be saved is not created. I wanted to open the file using notepad since i dont have microsoft office installed in my PC.

Example: C:\User\Documents\LabVIEW Data\analogtestdata.lvm

That is the filename indicated at 'Configure Write to Measurement File' but when i try to follow that path to access the file, it is not there.

Please help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(2,595 Views)

Attach your code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(2,591 Views)

Attached herwith is my code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(2,587 Views)

I had to change the physical channel but everything is working just fine. Of course, since you select TDMS format, you cannot read the file with Notepad.

Wire up your error in/error out connections and create an indicator. See if you are getting any sort of error.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(2,585 Views)

Oops,i changed the file format recently just to try it out while im trying to download a trial version of office 2010 but it was originally set to text. Everything is working fine but i cannot see the file (analogtestdata) where the data is saved at. What do you think might be the problem? I am not getting any error message.

What physical channel change did u make? Do you mean by switching a0 to a1??

Thanks for helping out.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(2,577 Views)

As I said, I had to change the physical channel since I do not have a pxi system. That is irrelevant unless you are getting an error someplace. You can also create an indicator on the filename output. You can also wire it out of the while loop and connect a TDMS File View function to it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(2,572 Views)

I tried that and i am still not able to see my saved data or even locate that file. Do you think this has something to do with my desktop settings and my pxi machine??

Please note that i am able to view and access my saved data from any VI that i create without any problems.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(2,568 Views)

Attahced herewith is my project

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(2,564 Views)