LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get any TDO data returned from a Corelis USB-1149.1/E using Call Library Function.

The Corelis USB JTAG device scans the data into the instruction and data registers just fine but does not return the data that is scanned out on TDO at all. I can see the data coming out of my device using an o-scope but the Call Library Function only returns an empty array. Does anyone have any experience with this device or seen this type of behavior? I am running LabVIEW 7.1 on Windows XP Professional.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,459 Views)
Hi,

What kind of drivers are you using to communicate with the device. Are you using the NI VISA drivers to communicate with the device. Also if you are using the call library function node, then what are the datatypes form the parameters and return values for the function/functions in questions? Are they primitive data types?

This link may help you in solving the issue:

Mehak Dinesh
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,435 Views)

Thanks, Mehak. The data type is primitive from a C++ based dll however I did get the issue resolved late in the day last Friday. It turns out that although I did initialize the array for the TDO data prior to sending the scan data I neglected to wire it to the left side of the function symbol. Once I did that everything worked properly. Also, thanks for the link. This is my first experience with using a dll in LabVIEW and I did not realize that you can import one in and create a library. As soon as I have some free time I will try it.

Thanks again.

Doug Randolph (randod1)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,418 Views)