LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having data transfer problem from RT vi to main host vi through shared variables. Can anyone help me in this regard.

I am having data transfer problem when I am transfering the data from RT vi to main host vi through the shared variables. Can anyone please tell what are the necessary parameters taken into account while configuring the shared variables as I am new to this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,814 Views)

Hi,

What version of LabVIEW are you using? I'm asking this because up untill 8.5 - 8.6 the shared variables were not very reliable.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,806 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2011 version.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,803 Views)

Please help me in this regard.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,787 Views)

I'm sorry I can help you very much since I never use shared variables to communicate between host and RT target ( I've always been happy with VIServer).

But I'm pretty sure you'll find a solution, lots of people use shared variable, I suggest you start looking here and then follow the different links. Also if you give more details about what problems happens when your code runs it will be easier for other here to give you appropriate advice.

Hope this helps a bit

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,783 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

When I try to run my host vi the values in the shared variables don't get updated from the RT vi. I am trying to acquire analog voltage & pulses from the RT vi through shared variables.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,780 Views)

how can I run RT vi from Host vi.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,766 Views)

I don't know how you created your project.

I am quite a novice using LabVIEW RT, but what I did was create a realtime project with the wizard provided in LabVIEW, and then modify it.  It has working shared variables for tranferring one data element to the host, plus a flag from the host ot the target saying to stop running. 

You could generate one of these demo applications and then either modify it to do what you want or just to understand the shared variables better so you can implement them.  After generating the app, I had a working pair of apps one for the host and one for the target, showing a sine wave (generated on target. 'transferred" to the host and displayed there).

Batya

[Edit] Just noticed that this message was a few months ago, so maybe it is too late to help the OP.  Hope it will help someone!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,690 Views)