LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huh!!!???... Build Problems

I've just started seeing some of these 1502 errors pop up in LabVIEW 8.5 while trying to build.  One way to narrow down the problem is to take out parts of your code and rebuild until you narrow it down, but given that projects can contain hundreds of VIs at times, this is not always very practical. 

For us to find out exactly what is happening and what needs to be done to fix it we would need the code which causes the error when built (or better yet, a pared down version which gives the error).

I wouldn't expect you to post your code directly to the forums, so the best way to do this is to go to www.ni.com/contact and open a new service request referencing this forum post.

Regards,

Craig D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(699 Views)
My issue was a couple of sub-VIs that were broken. These are sub-VI's of a parent VI that is inside a condtional disable structure. That particular case is DISABLED, so I figured the sub-VIs wouldn't be included in the build. They're not called from anywhere else. So my question now is why is the build tool complaining about VIs that shouldn't even be considered during a build? They should certainly not be part of the executable. I use conditional disable structures the same way I use the conditional compilation constructs in "C", e.g., #if defined.

Message Edited by Bill@NGC on 10-01-2007 08:56 PM

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(680 Views)

Bill,

You're right, I wouldn't expect this behavior.  I tried reproducing this in LabVIEW 8.5 and 8.2.1 with a simple VI which was broken inside of a conditional disable structure of my main VI and did not see the same behavior when I tried building.

Are you using one of these versions?  Can you reproduce the error with a small example?

Regards,

Craig D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(648 Views)
These kinds of problems only seem to rear their ugly heads in large projects, but I'll do a smaller example and see if it fails.

Message Edited by Bill@NGC on 10-04-2007 05:41 PM

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(633 Views)