LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huh!!!???... Build Problems

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1502 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Cannot save a bad VI without its block diagram.

Method Name: Save:Target Instrument
LV 8.6 on Windoze XP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,444 Views)
As the message says, you could have a bad VI (or VIs). I sometimes get this message when I'm trying to build my application and my main VI is still open.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,408 Views)
Which version of LabVIEW are you using?  Are you using LVOOP with .NET Constructors, Invoke, or Property Nodes in your project?  There was a known issue with LVOOP while building an application in 8.2 which would give this error.  The workaround for this was to select Do not disconnect type definitions or remove unreferenced members in the Additional Exclusions section of your build specification window.  This issue (CAR #47KGBBG0) was fixed in LabVIEW 8.5.

Regards,

Craig D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,390 Views)
I'm running 8.5

LVOOP with .NET Constructors,   --- No LVOOP
Invoke, or Property Nodes --- Yes

Thanks,

LV 8.6 on Windoze XP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,383 Views)
How can a tell if a VI is bad if they all look OK. 

And if it thinks there's a bad VI (or one without a block diagram, whatever that is (a global?)
then why can't it tell me which one it is.

Thanks
LV 8.6 on Windoze XP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,379 Views)
What operating system are you using?  Are you using any LabVIEW toolkits or modules with this?  Does this error happen every time you try to build?  Would it be possible to post the code (or a pared down version) which causes the error?  The code itself will let me pass this on to R&D and help find the root of the problem.

Thanks,

Craig D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,356 Views)
Windows XP pro.  I use USB6211 and I do signal processing (some filtering).
LV 8.6 on Windoze XP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,342 Views)
I think I've been jinxed.....My application was running fine under development mode. I tried to build it today and got identical error as above. It's just a tad bit frustrating to try and guess which of the 200 or so VI's the build tool thinks is broken. The last thing I see on the build output is my main VI and it's not broken.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,312 Views)
If you figure it out let me know.  I've given up!
LV 8.6 on Windoze XP
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,291 Views)
Mass compiling the project helped me with a build problem in 8.2.1 (my problem was fixed in 8.5).
Try opening the project and right clicking on it in the project explorer and mass compiling it
(or mass compiling the directory the project is in). My problem was having two classes with the same name
(even though they were in different lvlibs), and I got a bad vi error in the only vi that used one of the classes.

I regularly build my application now because of the various quirks I've run into with the build system
(for instance I can't use the file dialog express vi's in a statechart without converting them to no longer
be express vis). And with regular builds and source control finding those quirks is a bit easier.

Matt W
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,288 Views)