LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How transfer custom scaling in DAQ assistant when making executables

Solved!
Go to solution

We have one computer where we make the labVIEW executables then send that out to the computers at each work station. When I make the program on computer A I create custom scaling when first calibrating all my motors. Then when I make the executable it doesn't work on computer B. I then tried just using the program on computer B and it tells me computer B doesn't have custom scaling X. Once I create the custom scaling on computer B the executable works on it. Is there a way to package the custom scaling with my executable.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(858 Views)

Hi Michael,

@Michaelbolton wrote:

Is there a way to package the custom scaling with my executable.

Generic advice:

• Don't use the DAQAssistent in executables.
  • Don't use it when distributing executables (or even VIs) to other computers.

Specific advice:

Create the scales within your program. It becomes more easy when you don't use that DAQAssistent, but plain DAQmx functions!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(851 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Michaelbolton

I would recommend using the DAQmx APIs to create the scales within your application (same applies to Tasks create within the application)

santo_13_0-1642545127861.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(839 Views)