LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write cluster arrays on Excel?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using seven USRPs to conduct packet stability and cell coverage expansion studies.

SNR, BER, etc., which occur at each node, were processed as clustering arrays; I would like to create clustering arrays measured at the final reception end as Excel.

I would be very grateful if you could tell me how to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,134 Views)

Hi oyw,

@oyw1022 wrote:

SNR, BER, etc., which occur at each node, were processed as clustering arrays; I would like to create clustering arrays measured at the final reception end as Excel.

What have you tried so far?

Where are you stuck?

Why don't you attach your VI (attempt)?

What is a "clustering array"? Is it an array of clusters or is it a cluster containing several arrays? (When you would attach VIs we wouldn't need to ask!)

What means "end as Excel"? What kind of output do you need? CSV? XLS(X)? TXT? "Excel" is an executable, which can handle quite a lot of different file formats!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,113 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

1) I've been processed with txt file, but I'm aiming to output it with csvExcel spreadsheet.

2) When it is output to csvexcel spreadsheet, there is a warning saying that it is incorrect form.

3) What I'm using is an array of clusters.
I think I misrepresented it because I don't speak English.

I would like to output various cluster elements such as mistakesstrings, etc.

I attach an array of clusters I used.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,093 Views)
Solution
Accepted by oyw1022

Hi oyw,

@oyw1022 wrote:

1) I've been processed with txt file, but I'm aiming to output it with csvExcel spreadsheet.

2) When it is output to csvexcel spreadsheet, there is a warning saying that it is incorrect form.

3) What I'm using is an array of clusters. … I attach an array of clusters I used.

1. "CSV" is not an "EXCEL spreadsheet", it's just a "comma separated values"-text file! So you can still use the very same Textfile functions as before and only change the filename suffix…
  2. This is an Excel problem, but not a LabVIEW problem…
  3. You just attach an image of a part of your frontpanel(s). We cannot debug images with LabVIEW…

Please attach your VI.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,085 Views)

So that you do not waste our time, I'll tell you what we need for you to do.  First, I'm making the assumption that you are using a "reasonably recent" (i.e. within the last 10 years) version of LabVIEW, and that you are developing your code using a LabVIEW Project and Project File (.lvproj).  I further assume that all of the LabVIEW code you've written, along with the Project File, exists in what I'll call a "Project Folder" on your PC.

1. Compress the Project Folder (right-click Folder, choose Send To ..., choose Compressed (zipped) Folder).
  2. Reply, and attached the .zip file you just generated.
  3. In your Reply, tell us where to find the Top Level VI.

You've now told us that your question has nothing to do with Excel.  Rather, you want to know how to write delimited Text files, which LabVIEW calls "Delimited Spreadsheets", and have the (LabVIEW) default file name of ".csv", which stands for "Comma-separated Values" (even though LabVIEW, by default, uses <tab>, not <comma>, as the separator).

You might tell us where to look for the Array (I assume) that you want output to the CSV file.  Do you want a Header Row?  If so, do you want it to be the same as the names of your Cluster Elements, or do you want to provide a "Header Array" of values to use?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,041 Views)

I'm sorry I'm late for your reply.

I've been late to check my alarms for overseas business.

Thanks to you two, we've worked it out.
I don't think I'm good at communicating because I'm poor at English. I'm sorry.....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,035 Views)