From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Tab Control class?

NXG.

Newbie here.

I am trying to use the tab control to keep a history of the last twenty data collection events. My thought was to add new tabs using code as I collect data, once I reach 20 then start shifting the oldest off first. When I add a tab control to my panel and then go to code and insert the new tab control into my dode I get a type I32. If I try to wire the new tab to properties I am told there is a type mismatch.

What is wrong here?

I am thinking that there might be a way to programatically add and remove tabs in a tab control. Will a tab control do what I think it might do? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(996 Views)

@flycast wrote:

Will a tab control do what I think it might do? 

No. A tab control is a UI element, not a storage device.

A good way to store data is a shift register containing a fixed size array where you can replace elements as you go. Can you attach some simple code so we can see what you are trying to do?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(954 Views)

@flycast wrote:

What is wrong here?

I am thinking that there might be a way to programatically add and remove tabs in a tab control. Will a tab control do what I think it might do? 

I don't know if they've changed it in NXG, but in standard LV you can't add tabs while running. You have to create all 20 Before hand and can hide/show as needed.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(899 Views)