LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use multiple DAQ devices in a single VI?

I am currently using

(1) PXIe 4357 for RTD to get temperature data +

(2) USB 6341 to get Analog Input (Voltage) for pressure and temperature sensor output. 

How to I use all of these in a single VI? I tried but error (201426) with possible reasons 'One or more devices do not support multidevice tasks). Please help me in this matter.

FYI: I have PXIe with module : 6341, 4353, 4331,4462,6238,4357 

Can any one suggest which will be suitable for second task to acquire analog input mentioned in (2) So that only PXIe can solve my problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,644 Views)

@PareshG wrote:

I am currently using

(1) PXIe 4357 for RTD to get temperature data +

(2) USB 6341 to get Analog Input (Voltage) for pressure and temperature sensor output. 

How to I use all of these in a single VI? I tried but error (201426) with possible reasons 'One or more devices do not support multidevice tasks). Please help me in this matter.

FYI: I have PXIe with module : 6341, 4353, 4331,4462,6238,4357 

Can any one suggest which will be suitable for second task to acquire analog input mentioned in (2) So that only PXIe can solve my problem. 

Why do you want to do acquisition of both the devices in single VI? 

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,627 Views)

I am pretty certain the PXIe-6341 will allow for multiple device tasks.  I am not certain about the PXIe-4357.  But that is the combination I would try next.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,602 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I am pretty certain the PXIe-6341 will allow for multiple device tasks.  I am not certain about the PXIe-4357.  But that is the combination I would try next.

I just tested this combination with simulated hardware and I had no errors.  So that would be the way to go.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,597 Views)