From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a Pulse from LabVIEW to Oscilloscope

I have been attempting to export a 25ns 4.5v TTL pulse from LabVIEW to an Agilent DSO-X 3032a Oscilloscope. I have an RS232 port/cable which I can use to connect my PC to the Oscilloscope. This makes it possible to read/write data from the Oscilloscope into LabVIEW using VISA, but, I have been unable to find a way to export my pulse from LabVIEW into the Oscilloscope.

How may I export my pulse into the Oscilloscope, without using DAQMX if possible? If DAQMX is necessary, what additional hardware will I need?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,770 Views)

Are you trying to set up a reference waveform or actually have the oscilloscope measure a pulse?  If trying to measure the pulse, then you will need a high speed digital output or an analog output.  Either output needs to run at least 40MHz.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,765 Views)

I would like the Oscilloscope to measure the pulse.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,753 Views)

For the kind of speed you are asking for, I would go with an Arbitrary Waveform Generator (AWG).  NI has a few: Arbitrary Waveform Generators

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,724 Views)