LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to toggle plots on a waveform chart/graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to have 2+ arrays that I can show on a waveform chart or graph at the same time, and also I would like to have a push button on the front panel to toggle on/off the plots whenever I need it. The arrays are static thus their is no constant data acquisition.

I am having trouble not only when trying to show 2+ plots on the same chart/graph but also when I am trying to toggle them on/off. I am fairly new to LV and been using it for the last month, thus I would appreciate if someone explains using simple LV terms.

Cheers,

Diural

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(796 Views)

Hi Diural,

@Diural wrote:

I am having trouble not only when trying to show 2+ plots on the same chart/graph but also when I am trying to toggle them on/off. I am fairly new to LV and been using it for the last month, thus I would appreciate if someone explains using simple LV terms.

What have you tried?

Where are you stuck?

On plot visibility: did you enable the "plot visibility" checkmarks in the plot legend using the context menu (aka right-click menu) of your chart/graph?

On "2+ plots": the context help for charts and graphs shows the expected datatypes for single plot and multiple plots…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(788 Views)

Hello Gerd,

Thanks for dropping by, I am attaching what I tried (3 tries), I have solved the issue of showing 2 plots on 1 graph (just created a new array from previous arrays and it worked). I am attaching my try VIs as LV2021 and LV2012.

Cheers,

Diural

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(767 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Diural

Hi Diural,

@Diural wrote:
I am trying to just show all the plots (in my case 9) on a single waveform graph or waveform chart. I would like to use somesort of button (trying with push buttons right now) to choose which plot to show. Example: Show plots 1-3-4-7-9.

Your example text only contains 2 plots…

• When trying to show 9 plots then you should not limit your code to only create 2 plots using all those Array functions. Use a loop to create your plots to make your code more scalable…
  • When trying to make plots visible you should use the Plot.Visible property instead of DigitalDisplaysVisible! You can also make the visibility checkbox in the plot legend visible (as said before)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 4
(753 Views)