From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synchronize Analog generation with digital input

I use a DAQ 6713 to generate an analog ramp voltage at a variable frequency. I need to detect an external signal to calculate the time delay between that one and the analog ramp start.
By adjusting the analog ramp frequency I can control the time delay. The aim is to decrease that time to reach a zero time delay.
How can I do that with labview
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated
Thank you
R
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,269 Views)
Renaud;

One thing you can do is to use the begining of the Analog Output operation to start a timer and use that external signal to stop the timer. There is one good application notes you can refer to and learn how to synchronize operations on DAQ board. The name of the App Note is "Advanced Synchronization Techniques for Data Acquisition", and can be found at our home page. You can use that external signal as the gate of your counting operation and having the source of that counter as being the internal board timebase. As you know the frequency of that timebase signal, you just multiply the number the counter will return after the counting operation stops by the frequency of the timebase signal, and you have the time delay.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
Applications Engineer
Na
tional Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,269 Views)