From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sort and split arrays into new cluster-array?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i have three arrays A (integer), B (timestamp) and C (double).

Now i want to convert them into a cluster array. The size of the cluster-array is the number of different values in array A (here: two different values 1 and 2)

So index 0 of the cluster array contains integer 1 and two arrays with all values of the other two arrays where the index of array A is 1.

Index 1 of the cluster array contains integer 2 and two arrays with all values of the other two arrays where the index of array A is 2.

How can this be done?

Thanks and best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,152 Views)

Something like this?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 11
(3,138 Views)

edit 🙂

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 3 of 11
(3,127 Views)

No, the array-size of the output array equals the size of different numbers in array A.

In your screenshot the values of  B and C in index 2 should appear as array under index 0 as they have the same number in A.

A:

B

C

Cluster[0]

Timestamp[2009,2011]

Value[10,12]

Cluster[1]

Timestamp[2010,2012]

Value[11,13]

The values in A are not always in a order. They can be mixed like [1,2,1,2,1,1,1,1,2,2,1,2,1,2,2,2,2,1,1,1]

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,124 Views)

How about this one:

image01.png

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 5 of 11
(3,115 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author OnlyOne

Here's a simple solution that uses the OpenG array tools.

CreateCluster[1].png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 6 of 11
(3,110 Views)

Hi jcarmody,

where did you get this library? I just downloaded my version from http://lavag.org/files/file/169-openg-array-xnodes/ but i have different in/outputs of the vis...

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,064 Views)

here my (not so flexible) solution using conditional indexing ...

I canceled my first try , so I thought I should provide at least another solution 😉

createcluster.png

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 8 of 11
(3,061 Views)

Install the OpenG Package with the help of the VI Package Manager.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 9 of 11
(3,058 Views)

labview.png  vipm.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 10 of 11
(3,054 Views)