cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show Analog input with a graph continuously

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

The project is about generation of custom signal. A math function creates a custom function and then user applies the function for a specific duration to an analog output. Basically, there is a steady state function which is DC and there is a transient function which is created and applied by the user. Currently, I have to use oscilloscope to see the analog output. I connected the analog output to analog input but I could not figure out how I can show the input with a graph. I am using USB 6216 OEM and LabVIEW version is 2010. I attached the vi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,281 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Egreenx

Hi there,

If you want to display one sample at a time and show previous samples as well, the Chart will do the job for you.

A couple of notes, It looks like you try to have different states without using a proven architecture. Google "LabVIEW State Machine" and you will be able to write a much more maintainable program.

Also, though you have named it "project" you are not actually using a .lvproj file! I think you will be very happy with the extra organization (and ability to build executables) that the project brings.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,224 Views)

Thank you gregoryj for your response. I am very new in programming with LV. I am trying to learn different parts of LV. I will modify it based on the State Machine. I will try it and let you know if I get some problems

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,219 Views)