LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the SCLK & SDO lines low...

"SPI-like" is not the same as SPI. Smiley Wink

I can't tell you the number of devices that I've dealt with that say "SPI-like" that would force me to not be able to use normal SPI communication mechanism.

steve05ram360 wrote: 

"You can always use bit-banging mode."  < do you mean hammer it out using 2 DIO pins?

Pretty much. As I said, I've had to do this quite often with "SPI-like" devices.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(413 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

I can't tell you the number of devices that I've dealt with that say "SPI-like" that would force me to not be able to use normal SPI communication mechanism.

So why cant you tell me how many devices... Smiley Tongue   boy I sure hope I dont have this problem on the 2nd part of this project which uses I2C... At least that devices all indicate that it uses it... and does not use the word "like" in any reference to I2C...

\||/
         -OO-
|----o00-(..)-00o----|
|                    |
|                    |

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(407 Views)

The SPI protocol has many flavors, unlike I2C which has only one standard.  I've had to use HSDIO to create SPI communications in the past due to non-standard (SPI-like) protocols.  One example is SPI-3, where the data line is bi-directional instead of having two separate data lines for in and out.  So you may have to bank it out using a HSDIO.  You would run into much trouble trying to use a static DIO.  I suggest a DIO that has a burst mode, where you load a list of vectors and then write them all out at once, but they are expensive.  One very nice device is the PXI-6551 HSDIO, but it costs about $7K.  WOW.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(406 Views)