LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Default value for Numeric Control on Front Panel?

Solved!
Go to solution

How do I set a Default value for a LabVIEW 2009 Front Panel Numeric Control? I have several input values that are really configuration parameters that I want to set with non-zero Default values. I want them to be the values shown when the Front Panel is first displayed before any code is run.

I really don't want to use both the Minimum and Maximum Default Limits for this since I still want to be able to set an acceptable range for the Values.

Shouldn't I be able to specify a non-zero Default value for these inputs?

Message 1 of 6
(54,284 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dbaechtel

enter the desired value, then "right-click..data operations...make current value default". Save the VI.

Message 2 of 6
(54,281 Views)

i meet same, i do make current value default, save and exit. then turn on vi, some of the value still shows different than settings, right click these values and click"reintialized value to default" can show the default value i set....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(49,516 Views)

@muxingjun wrote:

i meet same, i do make current value default, save and exit. then turn on vi, some of the value still shows different than settings, right click these values and click"reintialized value to default" can show the default value i set....

This does not sound right. Can you attach an example and detailed instructions to demonstrate this?

Message 4 of 6
(48,879 Views)

@muxingjun wrote:

"turn on vi"

Do you mean that you 'run" some top level VI and then look at the front panel of some sub VI.

The sub VI could be showing the last value used or passed in by a calling VI

If you close everything down and just open the VI from disk without "turning on" what are the values.

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(48,858 Views)

Put the value in the numeric box, which you wants to make default. now right click on the numeric box and go to Data operation>Make current value default. Now save your program by pressing Cont+S...see attached image

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(21,179 Views)