LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send a TestStand variable to Labview?

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author MechUnit

I don't have a lot of time to make a pretty example... but I did hack a bunch of garbage out of my code and wired it together - so ignore all of the odd bundle / unbundle stuff you see me doing.

If it doesn't work, make sure that you have the project loaded correctly in the TS sequence, and make sure the LV adapter is configured correctly.

Message 11 of 13
(1,276 Views)

BowenM,

Thank you, I was able to get your example to work.

I did a quick practice example to help understand it better myself.

I switched the numeric value to a boolean too.

My only issue now is figuring out where I can implement it in my code to see if it works.

I am using your "API send number.vi" and opening your "send data.seq" with the TestStand Simple Operature Interface that comes with TestStand.

Once the send data.seq is done executing, I want to get the data and plug it into an indicator.

I don't know when in the TestStand Simple OI is a good point to get the queue data.

After I have the queue data updating my indicator value when the sequence finishes, I can create events to be handled.

Do you have any thoughts about where your code from your "Run me.vi" would fit into the TestStand Simple OI in order to get the queue data?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,252 Views)

I ended up going with UIMessages, because it worked best for what I was trying to accomplish.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,206 Views)