LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run my project for a certain period of time?

Hello everyone,

I have a project that I developed in VHDL but I need to test it via LabVIEW.
I would like to know how to run it for 24 hours and every 2 hours the input "enableSEU" turns 1 by 30 ns and then returns to 0.
I know there are time controls in LabVIEW, but I do not know how to use them in my project because the total time is limited and the "enableSEU" should change its value automatically.

Via testbench is something like this:
SEU_proc: PROCESS
BEGIN
enableSEU <= '0';
WAIT FOR 2 hr;
enableSEU <= '1';
WAIT FOR 30 ns;
END PROCESS SEU_proc;

Thanks to all who can help in some way and sorry, English is not my first language.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,402 Views)

Hi vinycesar,

BEGIN
enableSEU <= '0';
WAIT FOR 2 hr;
enableSEU <= '1';
WAIT FOR 30 ns;
END PROCESS SEU_proc;

The begin/end translates to a WHILE loop. Setting the enableSEU output is just an access to an IO node. And well: even in the FPGA you can use Wait functions…

So what is your problem in translating your "testbench" code into LabVIEW?

Hints:

- to wait for 30ns in the FPGA might be "problematic": by default the FPGA runs at 40MHz allowing to wait for 25ns or 50ns easily. To achieve "exactly" 30ns you will need to play with additional clocks…

- your IO nodes have to support such fast updates, so check your manual/hardware specsheets before starting to code…

- I would not wait for 2h with just one function call. Usually it's better to wait for 1s for 2*60*60=7200 times…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,334 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

And how can I automate this "enableSEU" value change? What IO Node do I use for this?

The value must be "1" for only one clock cycle (25 ns).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,306 Views)

Hi vinycesar,

And how can I automate this "enableSEU" value change? What IO Node do I use for this?

"enableSEU" is an input of your CLIP, you already have an IO node in your VI!

The value must be "1" for only one clock cycle (25 ns).

Use a SCTL, set to iterate at 40MHz.

Set enableSEU to TRUE for just one iteration, then set it to FALSE for the next 288*10^9 iterations…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,280 Views)