LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a constant/control/indicator till its wire node in block diagram?

Solved!
Go to solution

How to remove a constant/control/indicator with wire(till wire node) in block diagram?

I feel frustrated everytime I have to remove the wire after I have removed a constant/control/indicator. Keep pressing Ctrl+B is also very tiring.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,896 Views)

Do you know Quick Drop?

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/7423/en/

Select a VI or node, press ctrl+Space, then ctrl+R. The node will be removed, and the wires will be reconnected.

Removing an unwanted VI in an application often requires you to rewire all tunneling wires like errors or references. Save time by pressing <ctrl + R> after selecting a VI and opening Quick Drop to remove a VI and connect input and output wires in place of that VI.

Here are 3 nodes, I wanna delete the "Numeric 3", but WITH the wire.

Step 1: select the node:

step1.png

Step 2: press Ctrl+Space:

step2.png

Step 3: After pressing Ctrl + R, the result:

step3.png

Message 2 of 8
(2,859 Views)

In addition to Blokk's comment, when dragging a selection box around your terminal, hitting 'space' will select everything you're touching with the box, not just things that are within the box. This might in some cases allow you to select the wire at the same time, before you press 'delete'.

GCentral
Message 3 of 8
(2,856 Views)

Sorry I should have mentioned that I want my other blocks nearby to remain at the same location. It seems Ctrl+Space Ctrl+R will rewire and re-organize those blocks..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,846 Views)

Selection + Space semms to do what I want but then I find out that it can only select wires to its "turning corner" but to till its node.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,844 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tomsze

You can create custom shortcuts too. You could create a key combo which fires a delete, then a Ctrl+B. I have to search for the link how to create such custom shortcuts, i will post when i find it...

Message 6 of 8
(2,838 Views)

@tomsze wrote:

Sorry I should have mentioned that I want my other blocks nearby to remain at the same location. It seems Ctrl+Space Ctrl+R will rewire and re-organize those blocks..

It does a Wire cleanup after removal, but blocks should stay in place.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 7 of 8
(2,836 Views)

Yes the blocks stay Smiley Embarassed Thanks

I prefer the shortcut more without rewiring.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,831 Views)