LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reference an object in a cluster?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a cluster that contains some numeric arrays and several Booleans.  I would like to connect a single reference for the entire cluster to a subvi and have the subvi individually controll the Booleans.  How is this done?  I've worked with specfic opbject references but I don't know how work with references within clusters.  I'm under the impression this has something to do with strict property nodes but I'm stalled on its approach.  I'm using Win-XP and LV 2009 SP1.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,610 Views)

In LabVIEW, How Do I Programmatically Change the Properties of Objects in a Cluster?

If you want to wire the values you can always use the bundle function.

Message Edited by muks on 05-19-2010 07:11 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,605 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dj143

dj143 wrote:

I have a cluster that contains some numeric arrays and several Booleans.  I would like to connect a single reference for the entire cluster to a subvi and have the subvi individually controll the Booleans.  How is this done?  I've worked with specfic opbject references but I don't know how work with references within clusters.  I'm under the impression this has something to do with strict property nodes but I'm stalled on its approach.  I'm using Win-XP and LV 2009 SP1.

Thanks,

Dave

I posted a Nugget on that topic here.

Don't worry about understanding everything in that Nugget. I wrote it to be entertaining at all levels of LV experience so just take what you need and leave the rest for latter.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 4
(2,601 Views)
Thank you for the info...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,538 Views)